East Peeks West American Lifestyle and College Experience, 美国的生活方式和大学经验!eastpeekswest@gmail.com

Grocery Shopping – 买菜
A new grocery store just opened up close to my home, so I went to visit. Everything was very new and orderly. Although most grocery stores in American are usually very clean,   this one was even more so because of how new it was.
在我家旁边开了个新的杂货店,所以我去看了看。杂货店看上去很新,货物摆放也井然有序。 在美国,大部分的杂货店都很干净,可是这个店显得更干净。

At a lot of grocery stores now is the “Redbox” where you can rent newly released DVDs and Blu-Rays for $1!  It is very convenient and it is slowly putting the movie rental companies out of business.
很多杂货店现在有 “Redbox”了。付一块钱就能看刚出的DVD 和Blu-Ray。 因为这个很方便,所以很多租借DVD电影的公司就慢慢的倒闭了。

So many fruits and vegetables!
这么多水果和蔬菜!

Many grocery stores also have a flower section.
很多杂货店也有卖鲜花的部门。

You put all the things you want into a box and you pay for how much the box weighs.
你把你要吃的食物都放在一个盒子里,用称重来确定你应该交多少钱。

Pre-made Mexican food.
冷冻的墨西哥饭。

At this grocery, you can buy food the chefs make and eat upstairs. Get lunch and your shopping done in one place!
在这个杂货店里,你也能买厨师做的饭,上楼去吃。吃饭和买菜在一个地儿
Fresh seafood! Crab and lobster claws are often sold individually without the body.
新鲜的海鲜!如螃蟹和龙虾爪,这里只买龙虾爪没有身体。

Most grocery stores have an Asian section because Americans love Asian food. However, if you want more authentic ingredients, you should go to a Chinese supermarket.
大部分的杂货店有一个亚洲食品部门,因为美国人很喜欢吃亚洲食品。可是如果你要买跟地道的佐料,你应该去个华人超市。

A lot of choices for soda drinks. I heard that in many countries in Asia, Dr. Pepper is not sold there. Is this true? It’s delicious.
有很多饮料可供选择。 我听说在亚洲不卖Dr.Pepper. 真的么?它的味道不错嘛.

There are also many aisles of frozen foods that you just have to microwave and eat. Many people are either too busy to cook or too lazy to.
也有很多排卖冷冻食品的专柜,放进微波炉里几分钟就能吃。很多人不做饭可能是因为他们太忙或者太懒。

At more upscale grocery stores, often there are people handing out samples of food in hopes that you will buy some after you try it.
在高档一点的杂货店,有时候有人发小样品让你尝一尝,希望你尝完了会买。

Americans love drinking milk and eating cheese.  There’s so many different kinds. The wall in the back is full of cheese as well. The round blocks are also cheese.
美国人吃奶酪。奶酪有很多种。后面墙上多是奶酪。那几个圆柱也是奶酪。

Many choices of milk (1%, 2%, Skim and Whole milk).
牛奶有很多种 (1%, 2%, 脱脂和全脂牛奶)。

A wall full of different flavors of yogurt.
一面墙的货架都是不同口味的酸奶。

You can always find lots of fitness magazines. Yet Americans are still the fattest in the world…
你会找到很多健身杂志。可是美国人还是世界上最胖的。。。

Most grocery stores also have their own pharmacy.
大部分的杂货店内都有专门卖药的部门。

Blocks of expensive soap
一块一块的贵肥皂。

A aisle of pet food.
宠物食品有专门的货架。

There are lots of choices, but everything is so neat.
有很多选择,可是都很整齐。

All of those are expensive juices that are supposed to be nutritional.
这些都是很贵的果汁,说是对身体有好处。

My favorite part of the store
我最喜欢的部门。

Freshly made sushi
新鲜的寿司。

The wine section.
卖酒的部门。

I didn’t know they made miniature wine.
我不知道还卖这么小包装的酒。

Wine in a box is popular with the college kids because of how cheap it is.
在盒子里的酒很受大学生欢迎,因为它很便宜。

A lot of different types of beer. There are also a lot of beer imported from all over the world. From Asia, they have TsingDao, Asahi and Sapporo.
有很多种啤酒。有些是从别的国家运过来的。从亚洲来的有青岛,Asahi 和札幌.

My shopping cart at the end of the trip
我的购物车已经装满了物品,该交钱了。

If you don’t have too many items, you can self-checkout to save time.
如果你买的东西不多的话,你可以自己交钱,这样可以节省时间。

Otherwise you’ll have to stand in line.
要不,你得排队交钱。

You can buy lottery tickets from there. The green machine collects your change and gives you cash. But it also takes a small percent of the coins you put in.
你可以在这里买彩票。这里还有把零蹦换成纸币的机器,但是这机器要收一定的费用。

2 Responses to Grocery Shopping – 买菜

  1. lis says:

    The pictures look very nice

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>